Monday, October 12, 2009

CRAZY DAY and I haven't even had lunch!!

I had to take my daughter to the doctor this morning in my wife's car because she was out of gas and chose to take the less-empty vehicle to work.

Dropped off prescriptions, brought daughter home - now ready to work.

Phone rings... a church friend needing help with plumbing problem. I rushed over, analyzed the problem and said, "You need to call a plumber". Problem solved.

On the way home I stopped at Kroger to pick up the prescriptions and to buy some stuff to make Kacie some chicken soup. An elderly lady making a U-turn, crashed her cart into the wine shelf, knocking 4 or 5 bottles of merlot on the floor where, of course they shattered, baptizing my feet and new sandals with wine and shards of glass.

(Fortunately, no one was hurt, though I might have been if I had swallowed glass while sucking my toes as I was initially inclined.)

When I exited the store, it was pouring down rain. I had left my umbrella at my friend-with-the-plumbing-problem's hose. I decided to run for it. But when I got to the place where I thought I had parked, my truck was nowhere to be found. So in the pouring rain, carrying 3 bags of groceries, I ran around the Kroger parking lot searching for my truck - for like TWO MINUTES before I remembered that I was in my wife's car. #SucksGettingOld

Now I am home, soaking wet, venting my frustrations.

Time to put on some dry clothes and make some chicken soup.

3 comments:

  1. And I thought my morning was bad...wow..at least mine ended with some tasty sushi for lunch. :) Means it's gotta get better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I had a not so bad morning then.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess you got a head start on that wineglass for Twitter tonight!!

    ReplyDelete